About Reasonable Gaming
E3 2015 gave a glimpse into a nasty part of the gaming community. Combined with the recent Gamergate scandals and so on, there is a need for a sanctuary for "Reasonable Gamers." This blog will not be relaying gaming news but rather opinions and game reviews. The goal is to encourage proper discourse in conveying our likes and disappointments. As such, the policies center around these ideas.
- As we are not an official organization and will not be represented at conventions, you are free to be anonymous, meaning you can write under a penname
- Improper language is not tolerated. If you include bad language or swearing, they will be edited or removed.
- Comments will begin as slightly moderated to ensure no spamming of offensive material
- As much as we prefer good writing, it is not a requirement
- We do value integrity in your posts. Please only share what you have written
- Do not use this site as a means to promoting controversial ideals. This site is so that all gamers can find some peace and interesting ideas instead of being preached. The mainstream sites like IGN and Kotaku do enough of the latter.
- Currently no plans to monetize anything on this blog. If the idea comes up, it will require a majority
- All writers are seen as volunteers and so any dismissal will be notified before termination and given the reasoning for termination.
- Men and Women are equal and anything that promotes the objectification of one or the other may result in termination
- Staff should also treat each other with respect. Failure to do so may also be grounds for termination
- You maintain the rights to the content you write. If you want to share it on other sites and blogs, go ahead. We would appreciate a share link to this site though
- Mission Statement: Encourage proper discourse in conveying our likes and disappointments
- Gaming should be a pleasant experience and opinions should revolve around ideals of enjoyment
- Nothing Controversial or too political in order that this site may stay a sanctuary to those just interested in gaming
- No console war garbage
- No harassment of other gamers
- No harassment of the staff
If you would like to join the staff, fill out the following google form. Note that you will need a Google account in order to write for us since this is through Blogger.